811 Wilshire Blvd , 6th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90017
Location: Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Clarita, Los Angeles - CA
Role: Onsite Coordination Specialist - Homeless Services
Pay rate: $25/hour
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: Oversee onsite activities, communicate with headquarters, ensure the safety, security, and sanitation of the site. Coordinate meals and delivery, coordinate with housekeeping and maintenance. Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with staff, communicate policies with staff and residents. Provide orientation for new staff. Serve as liaison with government entities.
- At least one year of experience working with homeless individuals AND a social work/mental health related Bachelor’s degree,
- Experience working with clients with mental illness, chronic health issues, and substance use disorders.
- Knowledge and expertise in the following areas: chronic homelessness, outreach and engagement strategies, intensive case management services, best practice models, mental health and substance use disorder services, crisis intervention, suicide assessment and prevention, affordable housing and public benefits applications, housing and landlord/tenant rights, eviction prevention.
- Able to perform basic computer skills required for an electronic health record
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Knowledge of clerical functions
- Experience in direct customer service