Technical Designer, Women's Wovens
New York, New York
Title: Technical Designer, Women's Wovens
Company: Large Apparel Manufacturer
• Assist the wovens team in setting a fit strategy for the season.
• Develop fit standards within a category and ensure consistency throughout product lines.
• Conduct Fitting
• Review and fit samples, and provide fit recommendation and direction.
• Work with the Designer and wovens team to interpret and clarify each design concept.
• Provide technical corrections to create consistency of fit/construction
• Translate and/or communicate design concept to generate a 2D pattern that incorporates proportional lines, fit requirements and construction feasibility.
• Create and communicate pattern revisions, incorporating styling and fit changes.
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel/Technical Design,
- 4-7 years of pattern making and technical design experience in the apparel industry.
- Strong knowledge of apparel development process from concept through production
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Pattern making experience with CAD software
- Must be proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create a pattern, grade, mark, construct and fit a garment