Title of Job: Store Manager
Company Description: Cool Apparel Brand
Location: Venice, CA
Responsibilities include store operations, hiring, and developing the staff, merchandising, and customer service. The Store Manager MUST be entrepreneurial with a shopkeeper mentality - you are the chief of staff and the ultimate brand ambassador for the West Coast.
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations
- Manage profitability via controllable expenses such as payroll, supplies and shrinkage
- Meet inventory accuracy
- Set an example of exceptional customer service by leading sales efforts on the selling floor
- Teach and monitor each associate to do client development and improve their personal sales
- Recruit, train, motivate and retain quality sales associates
- Set goals and manage expectations by clearly communicating to the staff the metrics by which success is measured in each area of the business
- Maintain a high level of visual merchandising and housekeeping standards
- Perform daily paperwork reconciliation and other operational tasks
- Supervises store personnel and enforces company policies while adhering to proper procedure regarding disciplinary action
- Identify opportunities in the marketplace to partner with local charities, organizations or brands to establish brand identity in the LA market. Brainstorm and execute events quarterly.
- Oversee store maintenance and staff trainings
2+ years in a Sales Supervisor or ASM role in a service-centric environment
Passion for art, music, skating, urban culture are HUGE PLUSES!
Competency in written, verbal, and communicative skills
Experience in a busy retail environment
Retail management experience and experience networking in the community