Senior Web Designer
San Francisco, California
Senior Web Designer
Seeking an exceptional Senior Web Designer to hire as soon as possible. This individual must be a polished designer interested in leading the brand in the digital experience.
The Senior Web Designer is responsible for leading creative execution and output within the design team. The position requires a highly motivated individual who can manage, inspire and mentor junior designers. Candidates should possess a sophisticated visual style, flexibility, and a compelling portfolio. Creative work will include brainstorming and designing new look/feel of the site, coming up with new concepts for email and site, and designing email and site projects from start to finish with very limited direction. The candidate will oversee junior web designers and assist them with their design layouts to reach the optimum look/feel of the site. In addition, you will be responsible for presenting your work to the team, routing files for approval and releasing organized files to production management when approved. In this role, the Sr. Designer will frequently be tasked with delivering multiple creative solutions to complex business problems, while partnering closely with other Designers, Marketers, Merchants, Project Mangers, Content Developers and the UI/UX teams. This individual reports under the Head of Design/Creative Director.
• 5+ years of web design experience in all phases from start to finish with minimal direction. Work in experiential graphic design and design for web +social media is a plus.
• Strong project management skills and ability to function as project leader influencing others as well as individual contributor. Able to work well in cross-functional teams.
• Must be organized and able to prioritize, multi-task and work independently through ambiguity.
• Strong communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences – from executives to software developers.
• Expert knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Experience in responsive design and knowledge of HTML, CSS a (+) plus,
• Acute attention to detail including pixel perfect layouts and the ability to follow graphic brand standards.
• At least two references and portfolio demonstrating type and layout skills as well as variety.
• BA/BFA in Graphic Design.
• Team player