Senior Jewelry Designer
Title: Senior Jewelry Designer
Company Description: Fine jewelry manufacturer, designer, and distributor
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Company is looking for a Senior Jewelry Designer to help create and design a competitive product line that supports the brands’ strategic and financial objectives as detailed in the product plan. Ideal candidates are entrepreneurially-minded self-starters with a demonstrated passion for beautiful design. The team is comprised of individuals who thrive on finding intriguing solutions to ambiguous problems, possess the desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced environment, and are considerate of one another. Interested candidates should work well in a flat organization, and excel at communicating with individuals across a diverse range of disciplines. Designer will work directly with the senior management team and account representatives.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Work closely with the Senior Management to develop and execute product designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchandise objectives.
- Ability to build out assortment for particular customer once presented with central product design or concept.
- Assist in product presentations, including boards, tear sheets and samples.
- Sketch and spec proposed product to be used for production.
- Interpret design/style trends into brand appropriate product that fits within targeted retail pricing.
- Able to work with a team and delegate as necessary to meet timelines.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to push product through the system.
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be enthusiastic about expanding your skill set and working on a broad range of projects.
- Adhere to project schedules and effectively report progress to meet challenging deadlines.
- Stay knowledgeable of the industry standards and trends
- 5+ years of direct jewelry design experience.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Jewelry design, industrial design, design, fine art or related degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Highly organized with a tremendous attention to detail.
- Level headed and proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of all work, within a fast paced environment.
- Strong technical drawing abilities.
- Strong construction and pricing knowledge.
- Someone who truly LOVES design, whose passion is evident in their work and who has a great sense of humor and outlook on life.
• Bachelors degree in design or related field • Minimum of 6 years of jewelry design experience • In-depth knowledge of jewelry construction and raw materials • Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills. • Must be proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator • Strong presentation skills • Positive team player