Senior Graphic Designer
New York, New York
Title of Job: Senior Graphic Designer
Company Description: A discounted perfume company
Experience in package design. You will be responsible for creating new packaging concepts for beauty products, creating mock-ups, and executing a variety of marketing materials including but not limited to web ads and print, trade show graphics, logos and brochures. You will also be responsible for sending art work to printers locally and overseas. You must be a self-motivated and be able to prioritize workload effectively, as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure without compromising creativity or accuracy.
- Develop concepts and designs for product packaging
- Create 3D renderings of products
- Research packaging trends to deliver best-in-class, customer-centric packaging design solutions
- Execute a range of options for testing themes and positioning
- Work on creative initiatives from concept to completion (die-lines, renderings, mocks, print production, etc.)
- Create mockups for major projects (cutting out and building boxes, applying labels, etc.)
- Provide on-press supervision for major projects
- Develop packaging from ideation and concept to production
- Support the overall creative work of the studio, bringing new ideas and input to feed campaigns and larger brand programs
- Create on-brand solutions for packaging for various brands
- Create and deliver production-ready art for mass production
- Work with sales and marketing teams to design effective solutions that meet business goals
- Conceptualizes, designs and produces appealing and compelling print materials including direct mail, in-store signage, etc. Conceptualizes, designs and produces digital materials including emails, web banners, etc.
- Develops innovative concepts and approaches to the design of print and digital marketing materials. Drives new approaches to design challenges.
- Responsible for ensuring all materials fit within the requirements of the assignment at hand as well as the overarching brand positioning, tone and look and feel and meet the goals of clear communication hierarchy of the messaging – always keeping the customer at the center of their design work.
- Troubleshoots and provides innovative solutions to design and production issues to ensure that all pieces are high quality.
5 - 10 years of experience in package design in beauty and/or fragrance industry
- Solid production skills in Illustrator: 3D rendering, dies, layers, color palettes, Bezier tools, manipulating text, building print files
- Core skill set in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and PowerPoint
- Solid layout design and print knowledge
- Creative, articulate and strong understanding of current trends
-Ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Photoshop: 1 year
- packaging design: 1 year
- Illustrator: 1 year
- Indesign: 1 year