Senior Fabric Coordinator
New York, New York
Title: Senior Fabric Coordinator
Company: Global company focused in men's apparel
Location: New York, NY
- Source and develop fabrics with mills based on our Time and Action deadlines.
- Book and issue fabric production orders
- Prepares costing and negotiates bulk fabric prices with fabric suppliers.
- Oversees fabric development, following up with suppliers to ensure the fabric is approved in time for bulk orders.
- Reviews all fabric comments and provides approvals to mills.
- Organizes fabric deliveries from suppliers by inputting to the system, and reviews against master production schedule to ensure on time delivery
- Interface with Administration dept. on shipping entries, sample billings, bulk billing and letter of credits to ensure no interruption to flow of fabric orders.
- Develops relationships with customers and all vendors
- Corresponds with customers on all fabric issues
- Identify and proactively resolve fabric issues such as costs, minimums and lead-time to ensure on time delivery.
- Coordinates with customer and suppliers to resolve claim/charge back in time.
- Assign tasks, objectives and the like to direct reports, and through coaching, performance evaluation, and feedback, assist those direct reports in performing their duties and achieving their objectives.
- Other projects/duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a textile or related field required.
- 5+years of experience in fabric development and/or production.
- Fabric knowledge.
- Excellent Communication and organization skills required.
- Must have ability to juggle multiple deadlines and tasks in a fast pace environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office.