Project Manager - Visuals
New York, New York
Visual company seeking a Project Manager
The successful candidate will be able to own projects from start to finish. Capabilities should include fabrication of different materials, including sheet metal, wood, plastics, etc. Capabilities should also include CAD drafting and understanding of CNC fabrication. You must be able to understand and provide process of full bidding (estimating, planning and coordinating project resources ) to delivering projects on time, within budget with goal to exceed client expectations.
The Project Manager will work as a Team Member
The Project Manager will help develop and implement the strategic communications and processes for a successful project. He/she will be actively involved in all phases of a project to assist Management both in the office and field environments.
Experience in scenic fabrication, Event Fabrication or Production of Events a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- ? Strong math and analytical skills
- ? Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ? Mechanically inclined with knowledge of power tools.
- ? Willingness to learn and contribute in a fast paced environment
- ? Design/build or fabrication experience.
- ? Knowledge of a wide range of fabrication and manufacturing processes.
- ? Ability to work back to back weeks with extended hours during peak season.
- ? Own Projects from Kickoff to Final Billing / Audit.
- ? Establish timeline from PO to delivery
- ? Identify and describe Scope of Work and develop project budget / estimate.
- ? Ensure all project documents are current and accurate. Includes coordination with all departments
- ? Coordinate all change orders and revision along the project time-line.
- ? Facilitate and manage project meetings.
- ? Produce meeting notes, delegate tasks and hold team accountable.
- ? Produce detailed installation/removal instructions for all elements
- ? Ability to create fabrication drawings using CAD
- ? Ability to read detailed blueprints.
- ? Ability to estimate production hours and material requirements for a multitude of projects.
- ? Identify and communicate project challenges and brainstorm solutions with the team.
- ? Work with our Sourcing and Purchasing Managers to identify, source and manage appropriate vendors and suppliers with given supply chain. Coordinate deliverables from factories with shop production schedule.