Production/Product Development Assistant
Los Angeles, California
Job title: Product Development Assistant
Company description: Women's Maternity Brand
As an Assistant, the candidate’s responsibility will be to provide support from inception to completion of the line. The responsibility of this individual will be to ensure that new developments go through the proper channels in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have an apparel education and background with an understanding of textiles, and working knowledge of PLM. This is a fast paced environment and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure on a daily basis is a must. The ideal candidate must also be able to creatively approach problem solving and juggle multiple tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Brand Development Manager on a day to day basis
- Maintaining the Bill of Materials (BOM) page in PLM system
- Coordinate salesman samples ordering and manage sample coordinators
- Assist throughout development ensuring product details meets aesthetic direction as well as bulk production criteria
- Work with Manager on style-level vendor allocation for all styles put into development.
- Close working relationship with Design, Tech, Production, domestic and overseas vendors
- Communicate development information to manufacturing sources overseas and domestically
- Attend fit sessions, review lab dips and print strike offs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have one to three years of experience in the apparel industry
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Commitment and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment, build trust and relationships with vendor & company staff
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of product development
- Ability to work closely and partner effectively with team members
- Thorough understanding of testing protocol, product integrity requirements, product cycle timeline and garment construction.
- Demonstrates self-control and resilience in stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Proficiency with PLM and Adobe Suite- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus