Los Angeles, California
Title of Job: Merchandiser
Company Description: High end luxury women's wear
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Responsible for market trend analysis, setting the overall fashion direction and strategy to ensure that sales and profitability targets are met.
- Present strategies, budget, and plan to president and headquarters.
- Develops develop assortment plans, merchandising strategies, vendor management, pricing, cost negotiations, inventory management and product development.
- Partners with design team to guide design activities and ensure product design aligning with market trend and strategy.
- Manages the business in season through in-season analysis and tactical adjustments
- Ensures that pricing and promotional strategies support the company’s financial objectives
- Evaluates the open-to-buy, markdowns and inventory levels
- Oversee line reviews to ensure brand cohesiveness and competitive assortments
- Identifies new vendors and business opportunities in the market place
- Understands the competition’s strategy by market
- Oversees product development process to add diversity to the assortment
- Must have the ability to think both creatively and analytically
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must have a high taste level
- 5+ years of experience working in women's merchandising