Culver City, California
Company Description: High End Womenswear Company
Location: Vernon, CA
• Responsible for market trend analysis, setting the overall fashion direction and strategy to ensure that sales and profitability targets are met.
• Present strategies, budget, and plan to president and headquarters.
• Develops develop assortment plans, merchandising strategies, vendor management, pricing, cost negotiations, inventory management and product development.
• Partners with design team to guide design activities and ensure product design aligning with market trend and strategy.
• Manages the business in season through in-season analysis and tactical adjustments
• Ensures that pricing and promotional strategies support the company’s financial objectives
• Evaluates the open-to-buy, markdowns and inventory levels
• Oversee line reviews to ensure brand cohesiveness and competitive assortments
• Identifies new vendors and business opportunities in the market place
• Understands the competition’s strategy by market
• Oversees product development process to add diversity to the assortment
Requirements: Must have the ability to think both creatively and analytically, must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, must have a high taste level, must have 5+ years of experience working in womens merchandising