Men's RTW Buyer (luxury)
New York, New York
Title: Men's RTW Buyer
Company Description:Luxury Retailer with best in class luxury product and a strong brand heritage, stores throughout the US and globally.
Location: New York, NY
Men's RTW Buyer is responsible for the selection, development, analysis and purchasing of merchandise for the US stores with attention to accelerating sales, achieving financial goals, and promoting the brand.
Responsible for achieving sales and financial goals for the Men’s RTW, Accessories and Leather goods.
- Select and edit merchandise for stores.
- Identify and communicate competitive market opportunities and products in seasonality reports and mid-season touch base calls with merchandising.
- Analyze sales and stock to maximize sales opportunities and minimize risks by style and category.
- Partner with planner to complete accurate financial forecasts, evaluating sales, markdowns, open to buy and discounts for outlet locations.
- Communicate with management and visual teams on stock needs, merchandise presentation, and bestsellers.
- Travel to Italy minimum three times a year.
- Visit all stores once to twice a year to understand overall market landscapes and specific product opportunities.
- Communicate and plan with Store Management, Retail Operations, and Marketing Division on brand initiatives.
- Participate in special projects and compile special reports as directed.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner that aligns with company guidelines and brand integrity.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Elevated public speaking skills for bi-annual managers meeting product presentations.
- Strong computer skills- spreadsheet proficient
- Proficient in time management and follow- thru.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Knowledge and understanding of department store operations, open to buy, stock, sales, assortments, and expense control
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years previous retail buying experience with Men’s RTW and Accessories product in a luxury multi-store environment