Marketing Communication Manager, NA
New York, New York
Title: Marketing Communications Manager, North America
Location – New York, New York
Company: Sports/Performance Footwear Company
Managing all marketing functions for a suite of brands. Developing, implementing and executing strategic go to-market campaigns, positioning, and activation plans to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
As the voice to the North American trade and consumer market places, the Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for all marketing activity within the relevant channels. In close partnership with the Brand Heads, Product, Sales and licensee global brand offices.
This person must be well versed in the market and trends across outdoor, fitness, fashion, sports, uniform, work and key influencers.
· Strategic partnership with the licensee brand offices (where applicable).
· Day to day management of marketing team
· Be an active, integrated part of the business unit team and serve as the liaison between product and marketing assuring all marketing touch points have the information they need to execute effectively.
· Possessing a deep understanding of the business objectives as well as the key products and their unique selling propositions.
· Develop an annual marketing plan for the brands in conjunction with the Brand President and SVP Sales/Brand Director that supports the business unit strategic direction.
· Own domestic brand management and content for the footwear categories within all brands. Management of the cross-functional brand / category marketing departments to service the business unit needs including: PR, digital / social media, charitable partners, ambassador marketing, retail marketing, events, content creation, direct to consumer and editorial.
· Develop, foster, evolve and improve our brands’ eCommerce strategy ensuring a profitable ROI, on brand visual representation and a “world class” consumer experience.
· Continually seek out new and innovative ways to win new customers.
· Creative Management
· Write detailed creative briefs and help manage the creative development and timeline process throughout the seasonal go-to-market and broadcast calendar.
· Enforce and develop brand voice/guidelines across all consumer touch-points.
· Work with internal and external agency partners.
· Create seasonal go-to-market strategies within a who, why, what, where, when, and how framework in conjunction with the Senior Management Team.
· Through research and testing, communicate what you believe to be the best methods of execution to both traditional (out-of-home, print, in-store) and new media (digital, social, PR, co-op).
· Assist the sales teams in sales meeting and brand / category presentations, major account presentations, and management of the marketing asset delivery at sell-in and sell-out.
· Ensure timely delivery of all marketing assets.
· Management of the fiscal budget on all of the above responsibilities.
· A passion for the outdoor/active lifestyle.
· A minimum of 5 years of footwear, apparel, or accessories marketing in communications or brand.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred.
· Experience with performance, lifestyle, or fashion product categories.
· Proven leadership and people/process management skills.
· Creativity and passion for product and seeing it successfully go to market.
· Ability to bridge the gap between business strategy and creative.
· Thorough understanding of the product go-to-market process and the ability to collaborate and work within the seasonal calendars.
· A track record creating marketing programs targeted toward varying customer sets.
· Strong understanding of retail landscape and competitive set.
· Demonstrates ability to independently utilize resources to increase knowledge
· Proven ability to successfully work in a lean, entrepreneurial, highly cross-functional matrix environment.
· Knowledge of global and regional performance and style trends.
· A thorough understanding of global marketing trends, tools, technologies, platforms, and best practices.
· Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
· Inspirational presentation/speaking skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel. Power Point, Word)
· Experience directing multiple projects with competing resources and deadlines.
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.).
- Must be able to pass a background and reference check.