E-Com: Lifestyle Marketing Lead
Hoboken, New Jersey
Title: Lifestyle Marketing Lead: E-Commerce
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Company Description: Largest Growing E-commerce Site, specializing in consumer goods.
A unique, hybrid role - representing the marketing organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Category Experience/Product, Operations and Supply Chain) to create marketing plans that build awareness and drive consumer adoption of these nascent categories.
Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design), acting as a “mini-CMO” of your category.
- Develop category specific, customer-centric, marketing plans with strategic vision and attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, and retention teams to ensure we’re meeting business objectives and supporting key marketing strategies.
- Bridge and align marketing, retail, and on-site/mobile strategies to support overall vision for growth. Be cognizant of balance between needs of category-specific marketing, seasonal messaging, and brand-building efforts through close collaboration with marketing counterparts.
- Launch, track, and monitor category-specific marketing performance; execute campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); manage forecast and budget.
- Grow a deep understanding of consumer habits for your category (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your category marketing across cross-functional teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of media calendar, on-site and mobile properties, and opportunities, to speak effectively to our internal and external partners to grow the business.
- Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
- 10+ years in online retail and/or lifestyle marketing.
- Heavy experience working cross-functionally and building innovative marketing plans from the ground up.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail. Highly proficient in excel.
- Sharp creative eye; experience testing and learning messaging and creative; experience in brand building efforts.
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
- Electronics marketing/ category experience a must.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.
- You’re a true risk-taker, comfortable in a fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.