Junior Inventory Analyst and Planner
New York, New York
Title: Junior Inventory Analyst and Planner
Home Fashions a growing Home Textile Design and Distribution company based in NY is seeking a Junior Inventory Analyst and Planner who will report to the VP of Planning and Inventory Management
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist in tracking, monitoring and analyzing sales, forecasts and orders.
- Review EDI and manual customer order vs. stock on hand, stock on order and forecasts.
- Provide detailed inventory availability by item to sales and management.
- Review of customer bulk orders vs. real customer orders, identifying any issues.
- Communicate with sales regarding order issues.
- Assists in tracking overseas shipments to ensure timeliness.
- Assist VP of Planning to determine new purchase orders
- Running daily reports for use in analysis.
- Provide backup to other members of the production team as needed : correcting EDI orders, setting up new items in system, entering and sending purchase orders to vendors.
- Other projects and tasks from VP of Planning on as needed basis.
The right candidate will have:
- A college degree.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate level of experience in Excel, including use of formulas, pivot tables, formatting and creation of charts and reports.
- Understanding of basic retail math.
- Some experience in planning and/or forecasting sales, inventory, etc.
- Experience working in corporate computer systems (ERP).
- Must be flexible and work well with all types of personalities.
- Able to change priorities and work multiple projects at once.
- Have a very good work ethic