New York, New York
Title of job: Designer
Company Description: High end intimate apparel manufacturer
- Owns Design of on brand product. Responsible for Designing product that is adopted during market and that is able to bet produced without issues(design, materials, construction)
- Responsible for the design and engineering of styles to meet price points
- Responsible for garment specs, including BOM, Accessory Breakdowns, Pad Specs, Measurements
- Correspond with factories to initiate development of product, clear and precise instructions, daily follow up on the development of the product.
- Responsible to meet all calendar due dates for presentations.
- Responsible for fit, pattern corrections and grade of base (fit) Sizes. Owns fit and corrections.
- Collaborate and manage graders execution of base size grade.
- Giving clear instructions on any special rules or needs to the Technical Manager
- Including starting comments/measurements on the spec file
- Responsible for fit of any range size fit check done after patterns are graded
- Responsible for final fit and fit success in the retail floor
- Attend Fit Sessions with accounts or Buyer meetings if needed
- Responsible to communicate within the team and other team in a timely proactive organized manner and not last minute
- Attend Concept meetings ready and prepared to present and stand/own for designs presented
- Responsible to stay up to day with fashion trends, fabric trends, competitors
- Responsible for working with vendors staying up to date on new offerings and work with to provide innovative product, selecting on-brand materials being mindful of cost and minimums
- Partner with Product Development, attending vendor appointments, follow up for details of the materials selected, utilize fabric chart to keep track of all fabrics that are quoted and selected for the season
- Communicate Product Development Fabric of any updates or changes in order for the Development Stage Fabric Stage chart to be kept up to day. Follow cc list at all times
- Responsible for editing fabrics based on pricing and minimums before going forward with prototypes(samples), If it needs to be re-developed to meet requirements, all points (development cost, timing, pricing, minimums) must be considered and accepted before going forward using a temporary substitute or developing it new.
- Responsible for troubleshooting any fabric issues in development (cost, minimums, quality testing, mold test, confinement, etc), in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Create boards for presentations as needed
- Partner with Color Merchandising Associate ensuring all CAD information is accurate. Print CADs as needed
- Responsible for sketching initial ideas, direct and work with Illustrator in a clear and time efficient way to finalize sketches. Each style must be saved under a proto # and description
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience designing intimate apparel
- Exceptional design skills with a strong sense of trend, style and color
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working in a technical environment highly knowledgeable about silhouettes, fabrication, sewing technique, and luxury product
- Organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sketching and illustration ability
- Strong fashion, color and print sense
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments and divisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and has the capacity to anticipate change
Salary: Based on experience