Freelance Color Assistant
New York, New York
Color Assistant (NYC)
Job Title: Color Design Assistant (Temp)
Position Description: The Color Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Color Designer in all stages of the color process. This position will also be responsible for organization and upkeep of the color studio.
Education: College degree in Color Design and Color Theory preferred.
Required Experience: Candidate must have a good design sense and interest around design, fashion issues or the creative industry, in general. The candidate must also have a very good sense of color matching and color concepts.
Desired Experience: Should be a good problem solver. Experience with at least one digital picture program and Microsoft Office is desired.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in general organization of the color workspace – create organizational ideas and tools for color studio
- Assist in organization of digital pictures
- Order Scotdic/Pantone swatches when necessary
- Create and update seasonal color charts and other tools as needed
- Sourcing of color cards for allocation process
- Maintain a list of color names by season to avoid duplication
- Assist Color Designer with occasional travel arrangements
- Distribute relevant documents to those who were unable to attend seasonal color meetings
- Assist with color tool creation and development
- Create seasonal color swatch, maintain of color changes to palette and execute changes on swatch charts and demonstration walls
- Participate in and assist with color allocation with Color Designer and Merchandising team
- Attend trend presentations and help with synthesizing trend information as needed
- Help with Color Inspiration/Trend documents including digital set-up and printing of document
- Assist Color Designer with detailed color diagrams and different yarn combinations to create colorways in garments and accessories
- Create seasonal color swatch chart and execute updates after color touch base meetings
- Create portable seasonal swatch boards for each season
- Prepare color swatches for SCP presentations
- Sources and/or select a range of possible color swatches to be used as standards when needed
- Assist Color Designer with idea and color development for Garnet Hill – set up story boards