Freelance Associate Technical Designer
New York, New York
Title of Job: Freelance Associate Technical Designer
Company Description: Lifestyle brand
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Rate: $28 per hour
- Develop tech packs that are design driven while being production ready.
- Partner with the off-shore Business Partners (either manufacturing offices or suppliers / factories) for the purpose of creating samples correct for design intent to ultimately approve for production.
- Receive fit samples and prepare / process for fittings.
- Host fittings with Design for the purpose of presenting execution and getting it approved for production.
- Suggest, influence, persuade as needed in fitting proper corrections for fit and design detail geared towards production ready garments / tech packs.
- Properly memorialize in writing the fit notes from meetings and publish accordingly in the PLM system and/or e-mail for the purpose of Business Partner alignment.
- Properly track and publish technical design work load according to department requirements.
- Partner with Business Partners in Production / Sourcing to ensure alignment on current status of the line- style specific.
- Proficiency in PLM, WEB PDM, Excel, Illustrator, Outlook
- Ability to fit and analyze appropriate fit corrections.
- Knowledge of patternmaking and grading.
- Knowledge of garment construction.
- Knowledge of production/manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Ability to multi task and problem solve.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.