Birmingham Birmingham, Alabama 35005
Title of Job:District Manager
Company Description: Contemporary fashion retailer
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Analyze business trends and create plans to increase sales, and control expenses to drive overall profitability within district.
- Monitor and measure financial, operational, human resources and customer service results, and hold teams accountable for achieving district goals through ongoing store visits.
- Visit and communicate with boutiques to ensure consistent execution of standard operating procedures, visual directives, and guest experience.
- Plan and manage time to ensure all operational deadlines are achieved.
- Supervise Boutique Managers through planning, assigning, and directing their overall functions.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation.
- Provide direction and coaching to boutique teams
- Provide positive resolutions to feedback and complaints from customers.
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Maintain talent pool for recruitment; select and develop Boutique Management teams; develop bench strength.
- Utilize company training tools to fully develop associate potential.
- Assess performance, assist with and deliver formal performance evaluations.
- Ensure boutiques adhere to company standards for visual presentation, signage, cleanliness and organization.
- Consistently communicate as a field merchant to identify and maximize business opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with corporate management to pursue and generate marketing opportunities to build the brand.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading a district or market in specialty retail required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Management or related field preferred
- Ability to consistently travel to boutiques within a geographical area
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays