Title: Director of Operations/Supply Chain
Company: Premium Electronics Brand
Location: New York, New York
Seeking an experienced, energetic, talented, disciplined and hands-on leader for our global planning, logistics and customer service teams, not only to manage their daily operations but also to scale our global supply chain competencies in line with our growth expectations.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Leading, coaching and developing the globally Integrated Planning, Supply Chain & Logistics and Customer Service teams.
- Contributing to the evolution and growth of the brand, as a pro-active, solutions-oriented senior member of the global management team.
- Establishing a company focus on robust and flexible business processes, as well as contributing to a culture of fact-based, results-driven decision making.
- Effective management and hands-on control of all supply chain activities across, as well as support to, the global organization and its customer base.
- Development and maintenance of executive relationships with global Supply Chain business partners and service providers, amongst others in the field of Transportation, Warehousing and Logistics (3PL), Customer Service and Repair & Refurbishment.
- Ensuring that the global trading of products is compliant to applicable global as well as local legislation, standards and requirements.
- Driving continuous improvement projects and programs to increase quality, improve customer satisfaction, provide better service levels and improve efficiency as well as to reduce cost and lower inventory levels, across all global supply chain.
- Provision of accurate, regular and timely operational dashboards, KPIs and reports in support of the global sales forecasting, integrating planning, inventory management, transportation, logistics, customer order fulfillment and customer service operation.
- Development of operational business processes and standard operating procedures as well as driving the full automation and supply chain integration on the basis of M&D's global Oracle NetSuite ERP platform.
- This role requires a BS in Supply Chain or similar curriculum, in combination with a solid track record of 10 years or more, in a global supply chain management role, gained at a successful international OEM brand in luxury consumer goods or premium consumer electronics products.
- Solid experience in managing planning, logistics and customer service functions.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing a fully EDI integrated supply chain.
- Well versed with US Retail Compliance and charge-back avoidance and recovery.
- Well versed with the applicable trading compliance standards, legislation and requirements.
- Hands-on experience with integrated supply chain planning and inventory management activities.
- Solid experience in establishing and managing a global state-of-the-art customer service operation.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP platforms.
- Strong business acumen, knowledge of China market a plus
- Self-starter with excellent problem resolution and communication skills.
- Team builder, team player and team leader.
- Ability to explain and present complex concepts and data in simple terms.
- Comfortable in the fast-paced and imperfect world of a young, growing company.
- Experience and comfort in mentoring junior operational team members.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of organization.
- Commitment and loyalty to do whatever it takes to achieve success.
- Disciplined and communicative as well as humble and helpful.