Director of Engineering
San Francisco, California
Title of Job: Director of Engineering
Company Description: Ecommerce platform
Location: San Francisco
As a Director of Engineering you'll be a major contributor to our client’s e-commerce front end website, iOS apps & Android apps. The person in this role will own critical systems throughout the platform and be responsible for their performance, adding new, valuable features, and ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
- Develop new features throughout the platform, and maintain and enhance existing behavior.
- Manage all Consumer Product Scrum teams
- Take ownership of key components, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business
- Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of product requirements for the company's software.
- Mentor other team members to build the company's overall expertise in software development.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
A degree in computer science/engineering with 5-8 years of software development with Ruby on Rails
- Fluency in Ruby and familiarity with the language's meta programming features.
- Experience writing applications using Test Driven Development with RSpec.
- Experience building next-gen Rails applications, with Rails version 3.0.x or later. Candidate should be very familiar with Rails conventions for code organization, deployment, etc.
- Familiarity with how asynchronous message queues and worker frameworks (e.g. Sidekiq, Resque) are used in web applications and, ideally, experience in using such a framework in one or more real world applications.
- Practical experience with REST and JSON APIs, and an understanding of how to build applications that serve and consume these sorts of APIs.
- Expertise in working with cloud systems, specifically for application hosting, file storage, and other related concerns.
- Comfortable working in an environment where innovation and change are the norm.
- A passion for building great products.
NICE TO HAVES
- E-commerce experience
- Experience with Salesforce CRM integrations
- Experience working with Elixir or the Phoenix framework