Director/Senior Director of Ecommerce
New York, New York
Title: Senior Director/Director of Ecommerce
Company: Men's luxury lifestyle brand
Strategy and Sales Goals
• Build seasonal ecommerce strategy and ensure all projects support the brand strategy.
• Lead business analysis of all programs and establish programs to drive continuous improvement.
• Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push ecommerce business upwards.
• Provide leadership and direction to a small team on all aspects of strategy and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects.
• Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency.
• Support CEO with analysis of key business metrics and site performance, as needed.
• Oversee overall P&L budget for key expense programs (Promotions/GWPs, Social Media, Email Marketing, Search and Affiliate, etc.) to maximize opportunities and ROI.
• Manage monthly sales forecasting for the channel.
• Calculate ROI for each program and make recommendations based on results to increase sales, opt-ins, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases.
• Communicate reporting and analysis with key stakeholders to share pertinent learnings.
Onsite Marketing & Promotions/GWPs
• Promote and execute best in class online user experience methodologies that drive engagement and conversion.
• Optimize offline advertising and partner relationships in order to drive online awareness and increase opt-ins and revenue.
• Partner with Ecommerce Buyer/Director of Operations to maintain appropriate sell through and merchandising, forecasting of new product launches/seasonal launches.
Retention and Acquisition Marketing
• Develop new acquisition programs to drive awareness, engagement, and new customers to .com channel
• Oversee email marketing, email calendar and acquisition marketing programs and communication strategy, loyalty program, and enhancing the overall experience of the program on the site.
• Enhance current email marketing sends with segmentation.
• Responsible for enhancing SEM, SEO, and retargeting programs, in partnership with outside vendor.
• Provide guidance as needed on special projects and site features to build brand awareness or support external web programs
GENERAL OVERVIEW of POSITION
- Own the e-commerce experience and profitability.
- Manage operations across all aspects of the online business, including a replatform project in 2018.
- Lead development and implementation of a consistent, brand-enhancing and compelling end-to-end customer experience spanning from customer attraction and conversion, to retention and beyond.
- Develop robust analytic reporting and metrics to recommend actions to maximize growth opportunities and conversion.
- Design and execute high-impact, data-driven optimization programs.
- Analyze complex data and customer insights to identify and recommend pricing, assortment changes, new product opportunities, etc.
- Ensure all timelines and site information is always accurate and up-to- date.
- Recommend and implement sound technological solutions, eCommerce systems, products and services, etc.
- Set targets and manage a cross-functional effort to deliver against brand awareness, customer experience and revenue goals.
- Analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of information into clear, concise presentations and plans for both technical and non-technical staff & executives.
- Help merchandise the website and keep it fresh with all new arrivals & best sellers.
- Inventory Management on the website & maintain sales to stock ratio balance.
- BA/BS degree. MBA a strong asset.
- 5+ years experience in a technical leadership role at an e-commerce (or similar) company, digital fashion brand experience preferred.
- Outstanding analytical skills to lead and deliver exceptional online experience, optimize ROI, and identify cause-and-effect relationships that boost customer lifetime value.
- Deep knowledge of e-commerce product flow and web store performance optimization.
- Deep understanding of information architecture and user experience fundamentals, online retailing best practices, and web technology applications.
- A self-directed individual that knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.