Designer, Women's Footwear
Job Title: Footwear Designer
Location: Metro NY
Company Description: Well known accessories company seeks a Women's footwear Designer
• Responsible for development and design of line(s), detail
spec sheets for prototypes, lots and confirmations from
concept to final execution.
• Track development of confirmations and update spec sheets as
• Maintain and update line sheets, material recaps and sample
• Coordinate with overseas office, ordering materials,
approving materials and supervising sample lot production.
• Select colors, materials, linings and ornamentation for
• Responsible for prototype corrections, correcting ornaments,
• Overseas travel to conduct technical corrections to last and
constructions from first prototype to confirmation and
• Work with technicians to make confirmation base corrections.
• Maintain knowledge of fashion trends, shop market, attend
trend meetings and leather shows.
• Work with design team to create moods for the season (color
palettes, prints, materials etc.)
• Prepare design presentations and present line to buyers.
• 5-7 years of footwear experience
• Bachelor's Degree in design
• Strong hand sketching skills
Salary: Based on experience