DMM - Apparel
Albany, New York
Title of Job: DMM - Apparel
an Omni-channel specialty retailer of entertainment related products and services. Today the company's product mix includes video, music, trend and electronics and is undergoing a dynamic evolution of the product point of view.
Location: Albany, NY
An Omni-channel specialty store retailer of entertainment related products and services is seeking a Divisional Merchandise Manager. This person is responsible for creating the product assortment for the retail business for all categories which includes Men's. Women's and Kids Categories. This person will lead a team of buyers and assistant buyers and additionally develop and execute strategies that drive growth and increase profitability.
• 5+ years of buying and/or category management.
• An understanding of the retail landscape and the ability to identify the appropriate product/trend that will appeal to the customer and exceed their expectations.
• Proven track record of building and driving a retail business.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and passionate about connecting great brands and products with Customers through creative and compelling assortments.
• The ability to conceptually plan assortments that meet financial objectives.
• The ability to prioritize tasks and the ability to balance the immediate and long term needs of the business.
• The ability to collect, assimilate, analyze, package and present information to Senior Management that is actionable and results oriented.
• The ability to recognize a trend, item, etc. early in its lifecycle.
• Use creative thinking as an asset in recognizing and managing in changing paradigms.
• The ability to make the transition from strategic (conceptual and planning) to execution.
• Financial acumen and the ability to manipulate numbers are critical in achieving the tactical objectives.
• Leadership skills to build and develop a solid team of individuals that share a common vision and understanding of the Company.
• Experience managing Assistant and/or Associate Buyers.