Business Director, Prescription Lenses
New York, New York
Title of Job: Business Director, Prescription Lenses
Company Description: Global Eyewear Company
The Operations Director is responsible for the development of the prescription lenses business in North America across all Channels of Trade (COT). The Operations Director is the project leader responsible for defining the overall strategy, product roadmaps, R&D, pricing, eCommerce business and developing partnerships with applicable providers.
- Develops and creates the business strategy.
- Owns the lens business P&L.
- Drives Product Development and evolution; defines product roadmap and interfaces/coordinates with Lab R&D functions.
- Defines and implements the pricing and commercial strategy for all lenses product; develops partnership and agreements with major Insurance providers.
- Interfaces with Brand Marketing team to:
- Ensure trade marketing, training and consumer materials are properly developed
- Develop Communication strategy
- Partners with Sales leadership team to define plans and isolate business opportunities for prescription lenses.
- Monitors Sales Performance and works with sales leaders and teams to ensure targets are met.
- Oversees daily operations making sure all service levels are met: supply chain, customer service, labs operation, credit management etc.
- BA/BS Degree in business or relevant field
- 10+ years of relevant experience leading strategic projects and cross functional teams
- 5+ years of experience in the Optical industry
- Project Management skills with proven track of establishing processes to achieve the desire outcome in regards to time/cost/quality
- Ability to prioritize effectively and lead execution from start to finish
- Advanced influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience presenting and communicating ideas and plans to all levels of management
- Collaborative team player with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Ability to travel as needed – 20% travel
- Direct experience in the field of Prescription lenses or Vision care Insurance preferred, however open to Optical experience or beauty industry experience